Arai Vector Shogun Helmet. New for this year, the Vector is really a major renovation of the Astral Series introduced a few years ago. Think of a new and improved Astral with a removable liner! Its most striking features, visually, are the unique molded lines running front to back along the lower shell, making the new Vector look different than other Arai helmets. The shell itself has Arai's exclusive CLC (Complex laminate construction) that is both strong yet light in weight, and Arai's latest "Organic Shell Shape", designed to be both more natural looking and to enhance the helmet's abliity to cut through the wind more cleanly, thereby reducing buffeting and making it more "still" in turbulence than previous models. The slim, sleek SAJ faceshield sidepods are the same ones used on the latest RX-7 Corsair model, as is the new breathguard design that better directs fresh air to the inside surface of the shield while at the same time directing hot breath down and away from the inside surface of the shield. The Vector Series of helmets was born of Arai's never-ending search for the best fit for the most riders. The Intermediate Oval shell design provides a fit not found in other Arai models.
- The Vector's CLC (Complex Laminate Construction) shell utilizes Arai's proprietary aerospace fiberglass technology to achieve a strong, flexible shell in a lightweight package.
- The easy-to-operate, two-position dual-pivot hinge mechanism allows for increased chinvent airflow capacity to two areas: the first position directs air to the face through an activated carbon-coated foam filter; the second position sends air to the faceshield to aid de-fogging.
- Arai's distinctive Hyper-Ridge reinforcement band along the bottom of the shell adds reinforcement and shell strength.
- The Vector's ventilation creates a flow-through system of exceptional cooling via a total of eight (3 intake; 5 exhaust).
- An Arai helmet shape is created to conform more closely to the human head shape, making it look batter and flow better in the wind.
- The Vector's cheekpad design allows for the pads to be removed and cleaned more easily. They can also be replaced with one of Arai's optional pads of different thickness for a more custom fit.
- Arai's EPS liner is like no other, comprised of several material densities molded into a single piece.
- LRS shield removal system
**For proper fit and size - measure the circumference of your head 1" above your eyebrows and around the largest portion of the back of your head.
||6 3/8 - 6 1/2
||51 - 52
||20 - 20 1/2
||6 5/8 - 6 3/4
||53 - 54
||20 7/8 - 21 1/4
||6 7/8 - 7
||55 - 56
||21 5/8 - 22
||7 1/8 - 7 1/4
||57 - 58
||22 1/2 - 22 7/8
||7 3/8 - 7 1/2
||59 - 60
||23 1/4 - 23 5/8
||7 5/8 - 7 3/4
||61 - 62
||24 - 24 3/8
||7 7/8 - 8
||63 - 64
||24 3/4 - 25 1/8
||8 1/8 - 8 1/4
||65 - 66
||25 1/2 - 26
Arai alone has the experience, the quality, and the trust that truly sets them apart
Arai's name and reputation has been forged over time, the hard way. Which means they haven’t devoted three generations of the Arai family to the singular goal of no-holds-barred excellence just to turn out helmets like everybody else’s.
"Innovation in pursuit of a better riding experience" might sound like the mantra of every helmet maker. The reality is, it's not.
Because if making you feel safer and more comfortable in a better-fitting helmet for hours and hours at a time, day after day, was the goal of every company, why is Arai alone responsible for such comfort and fit advances as different interior shapes to fit different head shapes, removable/replaceable Cheekpads and Comfort liners to give you a more custom fit, and our latest, the Emergency Cheekpad Release System to aid injured riders?
In Arai's world, innovations don't come from a marketing department, they come from a decades-long history of caring about one thing: riders.
A lot of helmet companies can make motorcycle helmets. But Arai alone can also claim the unparalleled world-class quality, reputation, and technology to be chosen by all four current American MotoGP racers. Which tells you just how really special and different these helmets are. Bottom line: Arai alone can dominate areas of motorsports others can't conceive of even competing in.
Few of us can afford to own the very best of most things. But with an Arai helmet, you truly can own the very best of something.
Arai Motorcycle Helmets - Motorcycle Helmets - Arai Vector Shogun
The product of obsession